If you ever want to change your ring mechanism, for example from Silver to Gold or vice versa, here is a video by planner guru and friend Steve Morton.
Please keep in mind that you can only change rings made for the same type and size of organizer.
· Mini: You can switch between the 13mm and 16mm Rings without any problem.
· Junior*: You could potentially switch between 20mm and 25mm Rings. You cannot switch the 16mm Rings.
· Senior*: You could potentially switch between 20mm, 25mm, and 30mm Rings.
· Standard*: You could potentially switch between 25mm and 30mm Rings.
· A5: In theory you could switch between 25mm and 35mm Rings, but the backplate of the 25mm Rings is 9mm less wide, so we don’t recommend it.
*We don’t advise to do it since the backplate and spine are always a bit different for each size of rings.
In case you do decide to change, it is always easier to move from a bigger to a smaller size. If you move from smaller to bigger you have to keep in mind that the planner’s backplate and spine have more pressure on them with the bigger rings. Here you can see the difference in sizes of the backplates for our Custom Made organizers:
For our Touch Me Planners you can change your rings from silver to gold and vice versa.
You can also switch the rings within the same planners size because they have the same backplate:
· Junior (=Pocket): You can switch between 20mm and 25mm.
· A6: You can switch between 25mm and 30mm.
· Standard (=Personal): You can switch between 25mm and 30mm.
· Standard Wide (=Personal Wide): You can switch between 25mm and 30mm.
However, we do not recommend this, since we cannot guarantee that it will be done correctly without damaging the rings or planner.
PS. For Touch Me organizers the popper is always silver, also if you pick gold rings for it.